Baltimore Car Accident Lawyers
Rear-End Collisions Can Cause Significant Injuries and Property Damages
LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton, P.A., a personal injury law firm in Baltimore, Maryland, has recovered more than $100 million on behalf of our injured clients. We have the skills and knowledge to seek the best possible outcome to your rear-end collision claim.
Our team of highly skilled Baltimore car accident lawyers can negotiate a settlement with your insurance company for personal injury and property damages. We are also prepared to aggressively fight for a higher award at trial if it benefits you to do so.
Causes of Rear-End Collisions
Rear-end crashes occur for a number of reasons, including:
- Careless driving — Swerving in and out of traffic, failing to yield, erratically changing lanes and other negligent driving behavior can be the catalyst for a serious pileup.
- Distracted driving — Distracted driving is any task that interferes with the visual, manual or cognitive aspect of driving.
- Speeding — A speeding driver has less time to brake before hitting a stopped or stalled vehicle, making rear-end collisions a common type of speeding accident.
- Tailgating — Driving too close to the car in front limits reaction time if the vehicle suddenly stops or slows down.
- Traffic congestion — The stop-and-go nature of traffic congestion creates ideal conditions for a rear-end collision.
- Weather — Poor visibility caused by snow, rain or fog can impair motorists’ ability to see the motor vehicle ahead, while slick, icy or wet roads can make brakes useless.
In the case of seemingly unavoidable auto accidents, drivers often could have taken important preventative measures, such as leaving more space between cars or maintaining their brakes.
Reconstructing Your Accident to Determine Who is At Fault
Applying advanced methods, our lawyers reconstruct your rear-end crash to determine what occurred and who is responsible. During our investigation and analysis, we review such telling factors as:
- Deployment of front or side airbags
- Extent and type of damage to your vehicle and the other driver’s automobile
- Nature of your injuries
- Skid marks indicating that the driver applied the brakes, and when
- Text or cell phone records that prove distracted driving
- The location of the cars immediately after the impact
Injuries Associated With Rear-End Crashes
When your car is struck from behind, your body is forcefully thrown forward, then jerked backward. This unnatural action can result in such serious injuries as:
The seriousness of your injuries depends on the speed the other motorist was traveling, the angle of impact, and the size and weight of the two vehicles. Even relatively minor fender-benders can result in disabling, painful injuries.
Baltimore Car Accident Lawyers at LeViness Tolzman & Hamilton Get Justice for Those Injured in a Rear-End Collison
To get the compensation you deserve, call LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton, P.A. at 800-547-4LAW (4529) or contact our firm online to schedule your free initial consultation. We are available 24 hours a day by phone for car accident victims who need immediate assistance. We handle your personal injury claim on a contingency basis, meaning we do not charge you unless we win. Your case is important to us.