Baltimore Car Accident Lawyers
Our Maryland Lawyers Protect You After an Accident With a Negligent Driver
In one frightening moment, a negligent driver can cause tremendous damage. Even in a minor fender-bender, you may miss time from work and suffer pain and distress. In the worst accidents, you may sustain a long-term injury or a permanent disability.
LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton, P.A. is a premier auto accident law firm in Baltimore. From the day we opened our doors in 1987, we have helped thousands of car crash victims recover crucial financial compensation totaling more than $100 million. Our team of Maryland car accident lawyers is available to help you get the damages you deserve from your insurance company and the negligent driver who ran into you.
Maryland’s Laws Regarding Negligent Driving
Maryland’s statutes govern many aspects of driving to protect motorists, pedestrians and bikers from traffic accidents. The vehicle laws regulate:
- Driver licenses
- Rules of the road
- Right of way
- Pedestrian rights and rules
- Speed restrictions
- Reckless, negligent and impaired driving
- Operation of bicycles
- Operation of motorcycles
Violations of these laws can result in a noncriminal traffic citation for minor offenses and may lead to criminal prosecution for serious crimes, such as driving under the influence of alcohol (DUI) or driving on a suspended license. In addition, breaking these laws usually indicates that the driver acted with negligence.
Drivers have an absolute responsibility to operate their vehicles with care. Yet, each and every time you get behind the wheel, you are at risk of being hit by a negligent driver who:
- Driver fatigue — Especially if operating a commercial motor vehicle or bus, a driver who is fatigued, sleepy or sick puts everyone who shares the road at risk of a serious automobile collision.
- Drunk driving — Alcohol and some drugs can dull the senses and delay reaction to emergencies, thereby putting the lives of the driver and other motorists in jeopardy.
- Performs inappropriate tasks — Distracted driving diverts a motorist’s eyes from the road, hands from the wheel or attention from operating a vehicle safely.
- Reckless driving — Speeding, tailgating, running red lights, and weaving in and out of traffic are examples of dangerous reckless driving.
- Road rage — Traffic congestion, a slow driver or even just a bad day can be the catalyst to a frightening road rage incident that can quickly escalate into a tragic car accident.
- Uses a mobile device — Maryland law bans the use of handheld cellphones and prohibits texting and driving by all drivers because these combined actions present a serious danger.
Baltimore Car Accident Lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton Represent Victims Injured by Negligent Drivers
To recover damages from a negligent driver, call LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton, P.A. at 800-547-4LAW (4529) or contact our firm online. We evaluate your personal injury claim during a free initial consultation. Our Maryland car accident lawyers are available 24/7 by phone. Under our contingency fee arrangement, our law firm does not charge you until we recover damages in your case. Your case is a priority to our lawyers and staff.