Baltimore Bike Accident Lawyer
Bike Accidents Can Result in Severe Injuries
Our Lawyers Will Fight for Your Right to Compensation if You Were Injured While Riding a Bicycle
Biking is a great form of exercise and a pleasurable way to commute to work and run errands. Although bicycling is also relatively safe, a negligent driver can put your life at risk.
If you have been struck by a car, bus, or truck while riding your bike, you have options to recover damages. You may be covered by your auto insurance policy. Or, you may be able to file a lawsuit against a liable party for causing your accident. If your crash involved a commercial vehicle, you may have a cause of action against the company that owned and operated the auto. You may also have a claim against the city under certain circumstances. Established more than 30 years ago, LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton, P.A. advocates for your right to recover maximum damages for personal injuries sustained in a bicycle accident.
Avoiding Bicycle Crashes on Maryland’s Roadways
Just as motorists must obey Maryland traffic laws, so must bicyclists. These statutes are designed to promote a safe riding experience:
- If a bike lane is available, you must use it instead of the roadway, except under specific circumstances, such as passing, turning or avoiding a road hazard.
- When riding in the road, stay as much to the right as possible unless making a left turn, passing a slowed vehicle or avoiding a hazardous road condition or pedestrian.
- Bicycle brakes must allow you to stop from 10 mph within 15 feet.
- Your bicycle must be equipped with a white-beam headlamp and a red rear reflector or light that enhances visibility at night and during inclement weather conditions.
- Children under 16 years old must wear a helmet while riding.
Following these rules and all Maryland bicycle statutes helps you avoid an accident and can also prove that you did not contribute to an auto accident in a civil case.
Taking Action After You Have Been Hit by a Car
No matter how careful you are, you are still at risk of being hit by a negligent driver. Take the steps you would if you were in any other type of traffic crash, including:
- Obtain the medical care you need.
- Contact the police and get a copy of the officer’s report of the incident.
- Take photos of the accident scene, if you can.
- Collect the driver’s auto insurance information.
- Consult with a qualified personal injury lawyer.
Let Our Experienced Baltimore Bike Accident Lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton Help in the Aftermath of Your Bicycle Wreck
If you have been injured in a cycling accident get compensation you deserve for your injuries by calling LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton, P.A. at 800-547-4LAW (4529) or contact our firm online to schedule your free initial consultation with one of our experienced Baltimore bike accident lawyers. We are available by phone 24 hours a day to take calls from accident victims, and we handle personal injury claims on a contingency basis. Your satisfaction is our number one priority.
Our offices are conveniently located in Baltimore, Columbia, Glen Burnie and Towson, and we represent bicycle accident victims and their families throughout Maryland, including those in Anne Arundel County, Carroll County, Harford County, Howard County, Montgomery County, Prince George’s County, Queen Anne’s County, Maryland’s Western Counties, Southern Maryland and the Eastern Shore, as well as the communities of Catonsville, Essex, Halethorpe, Middle River, Rosedale, Gwynn Oak, Brooklandville, Dundalk, Pikesville, Parkville, Nottingham, Windsor Mill, Lutherville, Timonium, Sparrows Point, Ridgewood and Elkridge.