Anne Arundel County Car Accident Lawyers
Car accidents are an unfortunate reality and they can range in seriousness from minor fender benders to massive head-on collisions involving multiple vehicles. Even the most responsible, focused driver can be the victim of a car accident if another driver is distracted, drowsy, driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or is driving recklessly. Seasoned Anne Arundel County car accident lawyers will fight for you if you have been injured in a car accident.
Steps to Take Following a Car Accident
Car accidents can be extremely stressful and overwhelming, especially if there are injuries involved. Taking the rights steps immediately after a wreck will ensure that your health and your legal rights are protected. Keep the following recommendations in mind if you are involved in a car accident:
- Report the Accident: Call 911 as soon as possible, regardless of how serious the accident is. Do not leave the scene of the accident before police arrive.
- Seek Medical Attention: If you have been injured, it is crucial that you wait for emergency medical responders to arrive at the scene so that they can assess your injuries and transport you to the closest hospital if your injuries require further treatment.
- Exchange Information: Be sure to get the necessary information from the other drivers involved, including names, phone numbers, driver’s license numbers, license plate numbers, and insurance information.
- Talk to Witnesses: If there were other people present at the scene of the accident, ask for their contact information, including names, phone numbers, and addresses.
- Collect Evidence: Take pictures of the accident site, including the vehicles involved, any skid marks on the road, location of traffic signals, and any debris on the road. This information can help make the claims process go more smoothly.
- Contact Your Insurance Company: Notify your insurance company as soon as possible so that your agent can file an accident claim.
- Do Not Communicate with the Other Driver’s Insurance Company: If an agent from the other person’s insurance company reaches out to you, do not speak with them or provide any information about the accident. Doing so can jeopardize your settlement.
- Contact a Qualified Car Accident Lawyer: Securing legal representation ensures that your rights are protected and that you receive the maximum compensation for your injuries.
Types of Car Accident Injuries
Car accident injuries can range from minor cuts and bruises to broken bones, traumatic brain injuries, and even death. The following are examples of some of the most common types of car accident injuries:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Cuts and lacerations
- Internal injuries
Causes of Car Accidents
The following are examples of some of the most common causes of car accidents:
Anne Arundel Car Accident Lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton Advocate for Car Accident Victims
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident, resulting in a serious injury, do not hesitate to contact our Anne Arundel car accident lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton. To schedule a free, confidential consultation, call 800-547-4LAW (4529) or contact us online.
Our offices are located in Baltimore, Columbia, Glen Burnie, and Towson, allowing us to represent car accident victims in Maryland, including those in Anne Arundel County, Carroll County, Frederick County, Harford County, Howard County, Montgomery County, Maryland’s Western Counties, Southern Maryland, and the Eastern Shore, as well as the communities of Catonsville, Essex, Halethorpe, Middle River, Rosedale, Gwynn Oak, Brooklandville, Dundalk, Pikesville, Nottingham, Windsor Mill, Lutherville, Timonium, Sparrows Point, Ridgewood, Severn, and Elkridge.