Baltimore Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
Work Injury Lawyers in Baltimore Handle Occupational Disease Cases
When Your Job Causes Your Health to Deteriorate, We Fight for Your Benefits
Maryland Workers’ Compensation covers occupational disease, which can result from exposure to toxins or ongoing stress that breaks the human body down. If you are suffering from an identifiable disease, a decline in function or chronic pain caused by work activities, you may qualify for Workers’ Compensation and additional benefits. The Maryland Workers’ Comp lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton, P.A. fight for workers dealing with an occupational illness. Our experienced Workers’ Comp attorneys can investigate your circumstances, build a compelling case for compensation and challenge impairment ratings that do not accurately reflect your degree of disability. We explore every possible avenue to get you the maximum compensation for an occupational disease claim.
Mesothelioma and Other Diseases Caused by Industrial Exposure
Industrial workers exposed to harsh chemicals often develop lung and skin diseases. Common lung afflictions caused by industrial exposure include:
- Asbestosis — Chronic lung disease caused by breathing in asbestos fibers that can develop into malignant mesothelioma, an aggressive form of lung cancer
- Asthma — A respiratory condition marked by bronchi spasms that make it difficult to breathe.
- Byssinosis — Also called brown lung syndrome, a disease brought on by breathing in cotton dust or dusts from other fibers, such as flax, hemp and sisal
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) — Includes chronic bronchitis, presenting as a long-term cough with mucus, and emphysema, which destroys the lungs over time
- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis — Lung inflammation from breathing in foreign substances, such as molds, dusts and chemicals
- Pneumoconiosis— Chronic disease of the lung caused by inhalation of metallic or mineral particles
- Silicosis — Chronic lung disease caused by inhaling tiny bits of silica, a common mineral in sand and mineral ores like quartz
- White lung syndrome — Lung disease caused by inhaling corrosive chemicals, such as ammonia or chlorine
If you or a loved one has experienced chronic lung disease symptoms, we can help with obtaining compensation for medical bills and lost income.
Hearing Loss Due to Industrial Noise
Workers in many setting are exposed to loud noise and are not provided adequate hearing protection. Numerous successful lawsuits have awarded Workers’ Compensation benefits to firefighters and EMT workers who suffered hearing loss due to sirens. If you have experienced work-related hearing loss, we can help with your Workers’ Comp disability claim.
Repetitive Stress Injuries in the Workplace
Whether you work in a factory or an office, you must perform repetitive motions, which can lead to painful, disabling injuries that may require physical therapy and/or surgery to correct. Because these are work-related injuries, you are entitled to benefits for your medical expenses and lost income. Common repetitive motion injuries include:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Degenerative disc disease
- Ganglion cysts
- Rotator cuff syndrome
Our Baltimore Workers’ Compensation Lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton Have Answers Regarding Occupational Diseases
Are you suffering due to workplace exposure to chemicals or noise? Have you suffered a repetitive stress injury? LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton, P.A. can help. We fight aggressively to prove your impairment and get you the Workers’ Compensation benefits you deserve. Contact our Baltimore law office online or at 800-547-4LAW (4529) to schedule a free consultation.