Car Accidents in Glen Burnie
Many drivers do not think about car accidents until they are involved in one, despite daily wrecks on Maryland roads and highways. You may want to avoid considering the possibility, but if you are injured in a crash, forewarned is forearmed. Whether it’s a simple two-vehicle crash or a full-blown multi-vehicle pileup with several injuries including fatalities, you must be aware that unfortunate accidents can happen. Circumstances beyond your control could lead to an accident due to reckless driving, driver fatigue, or the use of drugs or alcohol while operating a vehicle on the part of other motorists.
What to Do After a Car Accident
Even if you sustained injuries in a car crash or feel shell-shocked by the preceding events, handling the details in the accident aftermath may mean the difference between a smooth recovery or a rocky road ahead. Follow these guidelines for what to do after a car accident occurs.
- Call the Police It doesn’t matter what type of accident occurred, make sure you call 911 as soon as possible. Remain at the scene of the accident until authorities arrive.
- Look for Medical Attention Some injuries may not appear serious at first glance, but do not take any chances. Have first responders evaluate your condition to decide if you need to be brought to the hospital for treatment.
- Exchange Personal Information Request personal information like names, phone numbers, driver’s license and license plate information, as well as insurance information from the other accident victims.
- Ask Witnesses for Their Accounts If witnesses saw the accident, ask them for their input about what they observed, which will help when filing an accident claim. Remember to request their contact information, too.
- Gather Evidence Ensure you take photos of the accident scene including vehicles and their damage, any debris on the road, as well as traffic signals/signs and any other pertinent evidence to save time and aggravation when filing a claim.
- Communicate with Insurance Company Give your insurance company a call to inform them about the accident, so they can start working on an accident claim.
- Do Not Contact Other Motorists’ Insurance Companies There is no need to contact the other motorists’ insurance companies because any information you offer them may intervene in procuring an adequate settlement. Your insurance company and attorney will handle that task.
- Locate an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer Hiring an experienced car accident lawyer will streamline the claims process, and give you peace of mind. An attorney will advocate for you, and knows how to obtain all entitled compensation you deserve.
Car Accident Injuries
Depending on the severity of the car accident, you may walk away with a few superficial cuts or a severe injury that adversely affects your quality of life. Here are some examples of injuries you may incur in a car wreck:
- Back and neck injuries
- Burns, scarring and disfigurement
- Cuts of varying degrees
- Fractures and broken bones
- Head/brain injury
- Internal injuries
- Paralysis and nerve damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
Car Accident Causes
Car accidents occur for a variety of reasons. Here are the most common causes:
- Aggressive Driving and Road Rage
- Distracted Driving
- Driver Fatigue
- Drunk Driving
- Hazardous Driving Conditions
- Faulty Equipment and Vehicle Defects
- Inclement Weather Conditions
- Negligent Driving
- Poor Road Conditions
- Vehicle Rollovers
Glen Burnie Car Accident Lawyers Stand Behind Victims and Their Loved Ones
Let our Glen Burnie car accident lawyers assist you when you or your loved ones have sustained personal injuries in a car accident. Call LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton at 800-547-4LAW (4529) or contact us online to schedule a free, confidential consultation.
Our offices are located in Baltimore, Columbia, Glen Burnie, and Towson, allowing us to represent car accident victims throughout Maryland.