Towson Car Accident Lawyers
When a car accident occurs, it may shock even the most prepared and skilled driver. Depending on the severity of the wreck, a motorist and their passengers could incur mild injuries or debilitating injuries that may turn into permanent disabilities. Unfortunately, drivers cannot predict what their traveling experience will be on any given day because an accident may arise due to a combination of factors including the negligence of another driver. Factors may include speeding, texting while driving, or poor weather conditions.
Follow These Steps After a Car Accident
Ensure that your legal rights are protected and your injuries are properly treated by acting immediately after a car accident. Follow the steps below to avoid complications for your health and your accident claim. This will expedite the recovery process if you are injured, as well as your case.
- Report the Crash As soon as you are able, report the crash to emergency personnel via 911. Stay at the scene of the crash until the proper authorities arrive.
- Find Medical Attention When first responders arrive at the accident site, have them evaluate your condition, so that they can provide treatment or transport you to the nearest medical facility.
- Swap Personal Information It is important to swap personal information including phone numbers, driver’s license information, license plate information, and insurance information with other parties in the accident.
- Get Witness Accounts Ask witnesses for their accounts of the car accident. Request names, phone numbers, and addresses.
- Gather Evidence Photos, traffic lights/signs, and debris must be gathered to assist in building your case.
- Call Insurance Company Call your insurance company to inform them about the wreck, so they can start creating an accident claim.
- Refrain from Communicating with Other Driver’s Insurance Company To avoid jeopardizing your case, refrain from contacting the other driver’s insurance company. If necessary, your lawyer or insurance company will confer with them regarding the accident.
- Meet with a Qualified Car Accident Attorney Do not hesitate to contact a lawyer, and find out how they can assist you in filing a claim and obtaining a settlement to cover your expenses.
Common Car Accident Injuries
In the aftermath of a car accident, injuries will become apparent when the shock starts to wear off and pain becomes more profound. Some of the most common car accident injuries are:
- Back, neck and spinal cord injuries
- Disfigurement, burns and scarring
- Fractures and broken bones
- Internal injuries
- Paralysis and neurological issues
- Superficial wounds and lacerations
- Traumatic brain injuries
Causes of Car Accidents Occur
There are several causes of car accidents, including but not limited to:
- Aggressive driving and road rage
- Distracted Driving
- Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
- Drowsy Driving
- Faulty parts and auto defects
- Hazardous driving conditions
- Negligent Driving
- Poor weather conditions
- Vehicle rollovers
Towson Car Accident Lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton Lend a Helping Hand to Injured Victims and Their Loved Ones
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident, do not hesitate to call our Towson car accident lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton. Contact us online to schedule a free consultation or call us today at 800-547-4LAW (4529).
Our offices are located in Baltimore, Columbia, Glen Burnie, and Towson, allowing us to represent car accident victims in Maryland, including those in Anne Arundel County, Carroll County, Harford County, Howard County, Montgomery County, Maryland’s Western Counties, Southern Maryland, and the Eastern Shore, as well as the communities of Catonsville, Essex, Halethorpe, Middle River, Rosedale, Gwynn Oak, Brooklandville, Dundalk, Pikesville, Nottingham, Windsor Mill, Lutherville, Timonium, Sparrows Point, Ridgewood, and Elkridge.