Baltimore Criminal Defense Lawyers
Fight Your Traffic Violations at Court in Maryland
A traffic ticket is more than just a nuisance — it can add up to huge costs and a lost driver license. After the initial heavy fines, conviction of a traffic violation may lead to higher insurance premiums. If you accumulate too many points on your driving record, your license may be suspended or revoked. You can’t afford not to fight your traffic tickets.
LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton is an established litigation firm in Baltimore. Founded by local attorneys, our legal team represents residents in our community in traffic court, criminal defense, personal injury, auto accidents, truck accidents and other trial practice areas. We have the experience and determination to successfully fight your ticket.
Avoid Points on Your Traffic Record
Each time you get a moving violation, the Maryland Motor Vehicles Administration (MVA) issues points on your record. The Maryland laws contain more than 1,000 traffic violations that are subject to points and fines. For example, these common actions result in points:
- Failure to obey a traffic light — one point
- Exceeding speed limit by one to nine mph — one point
- Exceeding speed limit by 10 to 29 mph — two points
- Exceeding 65 mph speed limit by 10 to 19 mph — two points
- Exceeding 65 mph speed limit by 20 to 29 mph — five points
- Exceeding speed limit by 30 mph or more — five points
- Reckless driving — six points
- Failure to stop at the scene of an accident involving property damage — eight points
- Failure to stop at the scene of an accident involving death — 12 points
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol — 12 points
- Possessing a suspended or revoked license — 12 points
If you accumulate eight to 11 points within a two-year period, you face a driver license suspension. At 12 or more points, your license may be revoked. Although most traffic offenses are considered violations, some may also be misdemeanors or felonies, such as driving while under the influence (DUI) and driving on a suspended license.
Baltimore Criminal Defense Lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton Help with Your Traffic Ticket
To fight your Maryland traffic ticket, call LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton at 800-547-4LAW (4529) or contact our firm online. Our Baltimore traffic violation lawyers offer a free initial consultation and handles traffic defense cases throughout Maryland.