When Should I Hire a Lawyer After a Car Accident?January 2, 2020
Car accidents can be extremely stressful and overwhelming, particularly if there are serious injuries involved. If the accident was a minor fender bender, it is unlikely that you will need to hire an attorney. However, when there is significant property damage and injuries involved, it is highly recommended that you consult with an experienced car accident lawyer who will walk you through the claims process and ensure that your legal rights are protected, and that you receive the financial compensation you deserve. The following are a number of situations where it is recommended that you speak with a car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
- There were injuries involved. If you or another motorist was injured in the accident, it is highly recommended that you contact an experienced car accident lawyer. Certain injuries, including whiplash and lower back injuries, may take days to appear.
- The accident involved fatalities. If another motorist suffered fatal injuries, it is important that you speak to a car accident lawyer, even before speaking to the police. This is the most serious type of car accident, so it is imperative that you have a skilled and dedicated lawyer that can walk you through every step of the legal process and ensure that your rights are protected.
- Your insurance company is reluctant to provide compensation. If you have been paying your auto insurance premiums on time, yet your insurance company is not providing the financial benefits you deserve, an experienced car accident lawyer will contact the insurance company on your behalf and secure the financial benefits you deserve.
- You were partially or fully at fault for causing the accident. If you were even slightly at fault for causing the accident, your insurance premiums may go up, or you could be classified as a high-risk driver. In some cases, insurance companies may refuse to provide compensation at all. Having an experienced lawyer on your side is crucial.
- The accident took place in a construction zone. When there is a car accident in a construction zone, the at-fault party can face fines and penalties that are double the regular ticket amount. In addition, you may be reclassified as a high-risk driver. It is highly recommended that you consult with a car accident lawyer as soon as possible if you were in a car accident in a construction zone.
- The other driver has no insurance. Car accidents can be very expensive, particularly when there are serious injuries and costly medical bills involved. Hiring a dedicated car accident can help ensure that you do not suffer financially from a car accident, simply because the other driver was uninsured.
Baltimore Car Accident Lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton Assist Clients with Every Step of the Claims Process
If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident, you are urged to contact the Baltimore car accident lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton at your earliest convenience. We will address all of your questions and concerns and guide you through the claims process. Protecting your rights is our top priority. Our dedicated legal team will work tirelessly to secure the maximum financial compensation you deserve for your injuries. To schedule a free consultation, call us today at 800-547-4LAW (4529) or contact us online.
Located in Baltimore, Columbia, and Glen Burnie, we represent clients throughout Maryland, including those in Anne Arundel County, Baltimore County, Carroll County, Harford County, Howard County, Montgomery County, Maryland’s Western Counties, Prince George’s County, Queen Anne’s County, Southern Maryland, and the Eastern Shore, as well as the communities of Catonsville, Essex, Halethorpe, Middle River, Rosedale, Gwynn Oak, Brooklandville, Dundalk, Pikesville, Nottingham, Windsor Mill, Lutherville, Timonium, Sparrows Point, Ridgewood, and Elkridge.