How Can I Obtain Maximum Compensation in My Car Accident Case?January 4, 2020
Dealing with the aftermath of a car accident can be stressful, overwhelming, and confusing, particularly if there were injuries and property damage involved. You may be tempted to handle the claims process on your own and avoid contacting a car accident lawyer. However, unless the accident was minor, you are much more likely to reach a successful outcome and obtain the maximum financial compensation with the help of an experienced car accident lawyer.
A car accident lawyer will walk you through the claims process and address all your questions and concerns along the way. With extensive experience and legal expertise, a car accident lawyer will ensure that your legal rights are protected and that you receive a fair settlement. The following are examples of how an experienced car accident lawyer can help you reach the best possible outcome if you are involved in a car accident:
- Negotiate with the other driver’s insurance company. Since the insurance adjuster determines the settlement amount, it is crucial that your lawyer establishes a positive relationship with this individual.
- Collect evidence that proves liability. In order to prove that the other driver was at-fault for the accident, your lawyer will collect important evidence needed to establish liability. If necessary, your lawyer will return to the accident scene to get a first-hand view of what it looks like. In addition, they will obtain accident reports, and speak with police officers and witnesses who were at the scene.
- Obtain evidence of damages. If you are trying to obtain records from a large hospital, and you do not follow their specific procedures, they may not respond to your request. The evidence must specify what type of injury you have, and that it was caused by the other driver’s negligence.
- Negotiating with lien holders. When a settlement has been reached, the lien holder is first to be paid. An experienced car accident lawyer will communicate with the lien holder and negotiate a reduced amount on the lien. This is an important benefit of working with a car accident lawyer, since this will ensure that you collect the maximum amount of compensation.
- Settlement Negotiations. This is one of the most important benefits of hiring a car accident lawyer. The average person does not have the skill, experience, or expertise to negotiate a financial settlement. A skilled car accident lawyer understands how much each case is worth and how to obtain the maximum compensation amount from the insurance company.
Baltimore Car Accident Lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton Offer Skilled Legal Counsel for Car Accident Victims
If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident, do not hesitate to contact the Baltimore car accident lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton. We understand how stressful car accidents can be, particularly if you suffered serious injuries. Our dedicated and experienced legal team will walk you through every step of the claims process and secure the maximum financial compensation you deserve. We will not stop fighting for you until you are completely satisfied. To schedule a free consultation, call us today at 800-547-4LAW (4529) or contact us online.
Located in Baltimore, Columbia, and Glen Burnie, we represent clients throughout Maryland, including those in Anne Arundel County, Baltimore County, Carroll County, Harford County, Howard County, Montgomery County, Maryland’s Western Counties, Prince George’s County, Queen Anne’s County, Southern Maryland, and the Eastern Shore, as well as the communities of Catonsville, Essex, Halethorpe, Middle River, Rosedale, Gwynn Oak, Brooklandville, Dundalk, Pikesville, Nottingham, Windsor Mill, Lutherville, Timonium, Sparrows Point, Ridgewood, and Elkridge.