Benefits of Hiring a Lawyer for a Personal Injury LawsuitJuly 8, 2019
If you were injured in a car accident, to collect compensation for your injuries, you will need to file a personal injury claim. Oftentimes, people think that the best and most cost-effective plan is to proceed with the claims process on their own. However, depending on the nature of the accident, and the injuries that you sustained, an experienced car accident lawyer can help you avoid some of the common pitfalls. In addition, by securing experienced legal representation, you will likely secure a more sizeable settlement than if you handle the claim on your own.
When trying to decide whether to hire a car accident lawyer, it is helpful to have a general understanding of the claims process. That way, you will have a better understanding of what is at stake. The following are examples of situations where it is not necessarily imperative that you hire a lawyer:
- You suffered very minor or no injures
- You live in a no-fault state
- You are already receiving the maximum policy amount
- You feel confident about negotiating with the insurance agent
Situations that Call for Hiring a Car Accident Lawyer
In some cases, deciding against hiring an attorney may end up costing you more money than the expense of hiring one. The following are examples of situations where it is in your best interest to obtain legal representation:
- You suffered serious injuries that were disabling or require long-term care. An experienced lawyer will be able to review your case and determine how much your injuries are worth. Calculating the impact of your injuries and how they impact your future earning capacity requires the assistance of an experienced legal professional. A skilled lawyer will pursue all potential forms of compensation for your injuries, as well as other losses.
- Your injuries were severe. Your compensation amount depends on the seriousness of your injuries, the medical expenses related to your injury, and the amount of time it takes for you to recover. If you reach the financial limit of the at-fault individual’s insurance policy, a skilled lawyer will ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
- Liability may be unclear if multiple parties are involved. You should always contact a car accident lawyer when multiple parties are involved in an accident. In addition to seeking the compensation you deserve, an experienced lawyer can protect you from counterclaims and cross-claims by the other parties involved in the car accident.
- The insurance company refuses to make a settlement. It is not uncommon for insurance companies to try to avoid making payments. Your lawyer will protect your rights and negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf.
Baltimore Car Accident Lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton Seek Maximum Compensation for Car Accident Victims
If you were seriously injured in a car accident, it is highly recommended that you contact the Baltimore car accident lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton. We will walk you through the claims process and ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive the maximum financial compensation you deserve for your injuries. To schedule a free consultation, call us today at 800-547-4LAW (4529) or contact us online.
Our offices are located in Baltimore, Columbia, Glen Burnie, and Towson, allowing us to represent car accident victims in Maryland, including those in Anne Arundel County, Baltimore County, Carroll County, Harford County, Howard County, Montgomery County, Maryland’s Western Counties, Prince George’s County, Queen Anne’s County, Southern Maryland, and the Eastern Shore, as well as the communities of Catonsville, Essex, Halethorpe, Middle River, Rosedale, Gwynn Oak, Brooklandville, Dundalk, Pikesville, Nottingham, Windsor Mill, Lutherville, Timonium, Sparrows Point, Ridgewood, and Elkridge.