Baltimore Personal Injury Lawyers: June is National Safety MonthJune 13, 2016
It is the mission of the National Safety Council (NSC) to create programs and recourses that help prevent injuries and save lives. Through targeted programs focusing on leadership, research, education, and advocacy, the NSC works hard to improve safety at work, in homes, and throughout communities. June is National Safety Month, which means that the NSC will be working with thousands of organizations across the country in an effort to raise awareness of safety issues that we all face, whether we are at home, at work, or in our cars.
Every day, we must make decisions that will affect the safety of ourselves and of others, from baby proofing the house to protect a child, or talking to teenagers about the dangers of texting and driving, to establishing the proper safety protocols at work or keeping a property free of hazards that could cause a neighbor to slip and fall. We all have the power to make smart choices and as the NSC prepares for National Safety Month this June, they will be providing a variety of practical, helpful resources for each week of the month. Each resource will focus on a specific safety topic, including the following:
- Week One: Stand Ready to Respond
– Poster entitled, “When Seconds Matter, Will You be Ready?”
– Tip Sheet with helpful hints on how to become trained in CPR and First Aid, and how to prepare for emergencies.
– Articles about what to include in a first aid kit and AEDs in the workplace.
- Week Two: Be Healthy
– Poster entitled, “Safeguard You Health”
– Tip Sheet that addresses painkillers, and how they can be addictive if not taken properly.
– Related articles about diabetes and workplace safety, and shift worker health.
- Week Three: Watch Out for Dangers
– Poster entitled, “Watch Out for Strangers”
– Tip Sheet about being safe and alert when you are out and about.
– Related articles about effective workplace housekeeping and stop-work authority.
- Week Four: Share Roads Safely
– Poster entitled, “Make Good Choices While Driving”
– Tip Sheet about how to make safe choices on the road.
– Related articles about patience in work zones and risks of drowsy driving and worker safety.
Taking advantage of these valuable resources, and observing the important messages that the NSC has to share about safety will help avoid serious injuries in the future.
Baltimore Personal Injury Lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton Represent Victims Injured by Another’s Negligence
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured because of another person’s poor choices when it comes to safety, contact Baltimore personal injury lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton. Our experienced team will fight hard on your behalf to secure the maximum compensation for your injuries, allowing you to focus on your recovery. For a free consultation, call us today at 800-547-4LAW (4529) or contact us online.Our offices are located in Baltimore, Columbia, Glen Burnie, and Towson, allowing us to represent victims of negligence throughout Maryland, including those in Anne Arundel County, Carroll County, Harford County, Howard County, Montgomery County, Maryland’s Western Counties, Southern Maryland, and the Eastern Shore, as well as the communities of Catonsville, Essex, Halethorpe, Middle River, Rosedale, Gwynn Oak, Brooklandville, Dundalk, Pikesville, Parkville, Nottingham, Windsor Mill, Lutherville, Timonium, Sparrows Point, Ridgewood, and Elkridge.