Safe Driving Tips to Save Lives and Prevent AccidentsMay 9, 2013
Car accidents are commonplace and some are unavoidable. But it is the wise driver who practices safe driving procedures to decrease the odds of being involved in a car wreck.
You may avoid driver error accidents by following this advice:
- Stay focused. This means avoid talking on your cell phone. Do not drink, read, groom, text or eat while you are driving.
- Adjust mirrors, steering wheel and seat before you leave so you do not have to take your eyes from the road while driving.
- Avoid driving when you are tired, upset or are under extreme stress.
- Do not get behind the wheel if you have ingested medications or are under the influence of alcohol.
- Check your tires and perform other maintenance on a regular basis.
- Do not tailgate. Maintain a safe following distance between your vehicle and the car in front of you.
- Avoid aggressive drivers. Be aware of your surroundings and if you see someone weaving or getting too close, move away from the aggressive driver as soon as you can.
- Follow the rules of the road. Obey speed limits and other traffic signs and signals. Signal when you are turning.
- Use your headlights during rain, fog, or snow. Put them on to increase your visibility to other drivers in the early morning and evening hours. Do not drive with your parking lights only.
- Always be a defensive driver.
If you have the misfortune of being in a car accident, do not hesitate to seek medical attention and follow that by contacting an experienced Baltimore auto accident attorney at Leviness, Tolzman & Hamilton, P.A. to put yourself and your family in the best position possible to recover fair compensation for your injuries. Let us fight for you.