Malpractice Lawyers in Maryland: How Likely Am I to Fall Victim to Medical Malpractice?January 16, 2012
Medical malpractice is a scary thing to consider. You are entrusting your health and well-being with a doctor you trust, and then that doctor’s actions (or inactions) cause you further harm. Medical malpractice occurs when a medical professional does (or doesn’t) do something and causes injury to you as a patient. This called negligence, and injuries due to medical negligence can affect you for the rest of your life.
Maryland Medical Malpractice Statistics
Could you fall victim to medical malpractice? What are your chances? We have put together a list of statistics of medical malpractice events in Maryland. These statistics were collected between 1990 and 2003, the most recent data available.
- 3,163 medical malpractice payment reports were made against MD physicians
- Out of all medical malpractice payment reports against physicians nationwide, 1.7% were against MD physicians
- 85 medical malpractice payment reports were made against MD nurses
- Out of all medical malpractice payment reports against nurses nationwide, 1.9% were against MD nurses
- 766 medical malpractice payment reports were made against MD dentists
- Out of all medical malpractice payment reports against dentists nationwide, 2.3% were against MD dentists
Remember, if you or a loved one has been the victim of medical malpractice, call a qualified attorney today to get the compensation you deserve. Our malpractice lawyers in Maryland at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton, P.A. are here to help you get the most out of your claim. Contact us today.