Maryland Trucking Accident Lawyers
Tire Blowouts on Large Trucks Create a Serious Hazard on Baltimore Roads
Our attorneys help you recover damages for injuries you sustained in a truck accident in Maryland
A truck tire blowout can result in a serious accident. A tractor-trailer careening out of control can severely damage a much smaller, lighter car. Large chunks of rubber and metal flying from the shredded tire can shatter a windshield. Debris left in the road can be a hazard long after the truck is gone.
Maryland trucking accident lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton, P.A. have earned a reputation for being passionately committed to our Baltimore community. The more than 100 million dollars we have won in settlements and verdicts reflects our experience and skills in civil litigation and insurance negotiation. Our firm is available to give you dedicated service that seeks the best possible results after you have been injured in a serious commercial vehicle accident.
Causes of tire blowout on commercial vehicles
To determine who is at fault, our lawyers conduct a complete investigation into the cause of your truck accident that may go many layers deep. Typically, multiple parties are responsible at varying levels and stages, including manufacturing, loading, overseeing, and transporting. Often, several different factors combine to trigger the crash. For example, driver fatigue or distracted driving may diminish response time after a tire blowout and thereby contribute to the wreck.
We consider a variety of possible causes of tire failure, including:
- The maintenance crew underinflated the tire, increasing the likelihood of a blowout because of resulting heat buildup.
- The maintenance personnel over-pressurized the tire.
- The trucking company failed to repair severe axle or steering misalignment.
- The tractor-trailer company did not replace aging tires.
- The company overloaded the trailer.
- The manufacturer produced a defective tire, or the quality control unit did not catch the problem.
- The driver failed to react appropriately to the tire blowout to avoid the collision.
- The vehicle make and model has a history of crashes associated with tire blowouts.
Determining whether mechanical failure was the cause of an accident
Reconstructing your truck accident is like piecing together an intricate puzzle. Our lawyers determine causes and fault in commercial vehicle wrecks by:
- Photographing the scene of the accident
- Measuring skid marks and other relevant data
- Consulting with forensic crash experts
- Reviewing reports issued about the condition of the tires
- Analyzing information gathered by the truck’s event data recorder, called an EDR or black box
- Assessing whether a hazardous roadway condition, such as jagged metal, sharp nails or uneven pavement, played a role in the truck crash
Through diligence and determination, we find the answers to maximize your compensation.
Balitmore Trucking Lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton Help Recover Damages Resulting from a Truck Tire Blowout
To recover damages from an accident caused by a big rig’s blown-out tire, call Maryland trucking accident lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton, P.A. at 800-547-4LAW (4529) or contact our firm online. We are available by phone 24 hours a day to assist accident victims. Your initial consultation is complimentary. Our firm handles auto accident claims throughout Maryland on a contingency basis.